Landscaping lights are referred to those lights used for outdoor decoration especially private gardens and public parks for enhancing the beauty, nighttime aesthetics, safety and security, accessibility, any type of social event uses etc.
Landscape lights are used to give an appealing look to the house, garden and yard. These landscape lights can be placed strategically so as to roll back the darkness with a flick of a switch. These lights can be used as one of the best means to highlight the structure and architectural features of the houses. It helps in drawing special attention to special plants and trees.
Nowadays most landscape lights come in low voltage which is safe, cheaper and easy to install as well. It can subtly glow that washes over a low garden wall under the moonlight beaming down. The landscape lighting scheme is also artistry and needs strategically planning in order to achieve the soothing and pleasant look.
Putting up landscape lights are simple and can be done within one weekend. There are numerous DIY videos available online with step by step process details which makes it easy to decorate. One can also use LED lights for landscape design. However, they may be a bit on the expensive side when compared to normal lights.
Landscape lights can be placed in the following areas:
- The focal area of the backyard can be well decorated with the lights to make it eye-catching
- Special trees or plants can be covered in lights giving it a shape
- Swimming pool area can be bordered with lights to highlight the pool area for better accessibility
- Garden walls are also one of the best place to put up these lights to give it pathway
- Entrance of the house can be well lit with some fancy lights so as to give warm and pleasing welcome.