Wicker patio furniture type is one of the popular choices of furniture which is widely available as well. The word “Wicker” means the method by which the furniture is made. This material is mostly used is rattan, a plant found in the rainforests of South-east Asia. As compared to bamboo which is more solid, rattan material is hollower in nature.
However, many people including the salesperson believe that wicker furniture and rattan is almost alike. But there is remarkable difference between the two. Rattan is a closer relative of the palm tree and also a type of a vine which grows rapidly in south eastern region. On the other hand, wicker is not a material but an ancient method that is used to produce items out of natural materials such as willow, rush, rattan etc. These materials are made wet so that they can be easily woven to create wicker patio furniture. Once these materials cool down, finer pieces are woven into the frame.
Below are the advantages of wicker patio furniture:
- Wicker patio furniture offers variety of styles
- The materials are natural and hence it is fast growing and sustainable in nature
- The wicker furniture gives a good look from interior as well as outside of the house
- This type of furniture suits a modern and more traditional home
- Also, wicker patio furniture is very light and hence it is easier to move around.
- It is difficult to maintain this type of furniture in bad weather.
- Also finely woven wicker patio furniture is very expensive as compared to other type of furniture as the labor cost to manufacture these furniture is high
So keep in mind above things and go for the wicker patio furniture.