Glass is a versatile material for interior decoration, as well as for use in bathrooms. Glass shower doors transform your bathroom into a luxurious and elegant room. They give every shower moment a spa feeling and help make your bathroom one of the best rooms in the house.
There are many advantages to installing a Shower glass door in your bathroom. By installing a shower door or upgrading to a shower stall, your bathroom will appear more important than its original size. This is because glass gives the illusion of a larger space.
Glass doors also reflect natural light in the bathroom. This eliminates darkness and shade during the day. At night, it creates an artistic effect of multiple light reflections by reflecting artificial light sources in the bathroom.
Instead of cold drafts typical of shower curtains, you can improve your experience with a shower door. Therefore, installing or upgrading a shower door is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your bathroom.
UNDERSTAND THE SHOWER DOOR TYPES – Choose one that suits your space
There are different ways and styles of how your shower door can be installed. These are:
- Shower sliding doors: These are also known as bypass doors. It consists of two to three glass panes, which are arranged on a rail. The glass panes slide over the path on the rail.
- Pivot shower doors: These types of doors are wall-mounted glass panes or other glass panes with hinges. The door opens into the bathroom from one side. Revolving doors can swing in and out.
- Folding shower doors: These are similar to revolving doors because they are also attached with hinges. The difference is that revolving doors can swing inwards and outwards, but wing doors can only swing outwards.
- Fixed shower doors: These are also known as fixed screens. You have one single pane of glass attached to one side of the shower wall. The glass is static and does not move like other shower door types.
- Folding shower doors: These can be installed as triple or double folded doors. It consists of two (double) or three (triple) glass panes. One panel is attached to the wall or support frame, while other panes of glass move and fold when pulled.
TOOLS YOU NEED TO MEASURE YOUR SHOWER DOORS
To measure your shower door accurately, you need the following.
- Tape measure
- Pen and paper
- Two people in support
MEASUREMENT FOR A GLASS SHOWER DOOR
- Step 1: make a sketch of your shower
The first step to correctly measuring your shower door is to sketch your shower. Before you even start, you have to choose the type of shower door you want to install.
Sketch your shower for a graphical reference where you can write down all measurements taken. To ensure accuracy, take one twice each when taking action and choose the more significant number. Accurate measurement is especially important if you choose a custom shower door.
- Step 2: measure the width
The next step is to measure the width of the shower. Measure the width of the shower from one end of the wall to the other with the tape measure. Divide the wall into the top, middle and bottom wall for accurate measurements. Then measure along these three departments.
With a neo-angle or corner shower, measure the base of the shower in sections.
- Step 3: Check that the walls are vertical
The plumbness of the wall is crucial for the successful installation of your shower doors.
Check the plumb of the wall by laying the level flat on each of the shower walls. Look at the bubble of the level. A centered bubble between the display lines means that the wall is perfectly vertical.
A bubble leaning left or right between the display lines means that the wall is not perpendicular. In this case, slowly move the spirit level away from the shower wall until the bubble is centered. Hold the spirit level in position and indicate the distance between the spirit level and the wall on your shower sketch.
Pass the information on to the specialist who will take care of it Installation of the door.
Repeat the process at the top and bottom of each shower wall.
- Step 4: measure the height
Use the tape measure to determine the height of your shower, starting from the base to the top of the shower. If there is a threshold at the base, start from the threshold above and measure up until your shower ends.
- Step 5: measure the opening
Are your new doors sitting over a threshold on the base? Then use the base width measured in the previous section. Will the shower door be the same as the new door? You only have to measure the current door width. If you install another door, measure the desired width, especially if it is smaller than the width of the threshold.
Buy high quality shower doors from Glassgenius
Glass Genius is the world’s first marketplace where you can buy high quality glass products at a reasonable cost. At Glass Genius you will find local glass glasses and suppliers in your area. Glass Genius offers high quality shower doors that are a great addition to your bathroom. Now you can buy high quality custom glass shower doors online. Go on to Glass genius to order today.