Minneapolis, Saint Paul, also known as Twin Cities, is a great metropolitan area whose population has grown steadily over the past decade. There are currently over 4 million inhabitants in this city. And given the number of homes in this area, it goes without saying that you would want your homes to stand out from the crowd.
If you want to improve the aesthetics of your home, you should start with the right roof color. After all, your roof is one of the external factors in your home that can attract attention. That is, the following Twin Cities roof Tips for choosing a great roof color are helpful:
Think about your roof color
You could build a new home or renovate an old one. In any case, you should first think about the color of the new roof before making any major changes to it. Keep in mind that your roof should last for years, so consider the color you choose as a long-term or permanent addition. Here are some things to keep in mind to make sure you’re getting this right:
- Contact a roofer in Twin Cities: You should seek advice from a local roofer or go to a hardware store to collect samples of your potential roofing materials. Compare the patterns with the color of your house and find out which one looks best.
- Find a suitable color: Compare the color of your roofing material with the tiles, siding and shutters. The color of your choice should complement each other. It shouldn’t match the same color as the exterior of the house.
- Consider your landscaping: If your property has a lawn, write down the colors and compare them to the possible color of your roof.
- Compare colors under full sun and shade: It would be helpful if you compared the color swatches in the shade and in full sunlight. The vegetation can also affect the roof color you want to choose.
It would be helpful if you took enough time before deciding on a roof color so that you are happy with your final choice.
Consider the climate
If you have lived in Minnesota long enough, you know exactly how the climate behaves here in different seasons throughout the year. Therefore, this should be an excellent factor before you decide on a specific roof color. This is mainly because the climate of a location determines the type of roofing material to be used, as well as the color.
You can choose between light and dark roofs. The two differ in terms of reflectivity and how they affect the house in certain climates:
- Light roofs: These are better at dissipating a lot of heat from houses that are located in places with high temperatures, thus keeping the interior cooler. Consider using light roofs if your area has hotter than colder climates.
- Dark roofs: Compared to their lighter counterparts, dark roofs are excellent at attracting and retaining heat. A dark roof is warmer than a light roof on a sunny day. In places with low temperatures, dark roofs are useful to absorb the heat and keep the house warmer.
If you consider which roof color you want to use, you can save energy costs and properly ventilate or insulate your house. Remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to choosing the right color for your roof. Therefore, consider the climate to make the right choice.
Contact a professional
There are several styles of roof design, each of which contains specific considerations. Since choosing the right one for your roofing needs by yourself can be overwhelming, consult a roofer about the various roof designs available.
Note that different Twin Cities roof structures have different installation requirements. Therefore, speaking to a professional can be to your advantage. They know the best colors for your roof, depending on the materials you plan to use and which are best for which climate.
Applying a new paint to your roof is usually an exciting project. It will leave your home aesthetically pleasing and be protected from rust, corrosion and leaks for decades. In addition, an attractive and impressive color increases the value of your property if you are thinking of selling it in the future.
When undertaking a roof renovation or installation project, make sure that it is achievable and not complicated. With the information in this article, it shouldn’t be difficult for you to choose Color that best suits your home.