So you look forward to having time to relax after a long day at work. But as soon as you step into the front door of your house, you suddenly feel the stress that you have left in the office. The culprit? All the dirt and dust that you see in front of you.
The good news is that getting rid of all this mess is not out of your control. All it takes is a little effort and a strong will to get the job done. To help you out, here is a list of tips for cleaning your home to keep your home looking great:
Dust your whole house
Dusting should be part of your cleaning method. If you don’t, it will be in vain to sweep the floors in every room in your home, because if not removed, these particles can easily be transferred from one surface to another, including the floor. Here are some surfaces that you should dust off in a house:
- domestic appliances
- Ceiling fans
Contrary to popular belief, ordinary feather dusters do more harm than good because they do not remove the dust, but transfer it to other places. Here are some tools you can use to keep your house dust-free and the surfaces you can use them for instead:
- Vacuum cleaner: You can use it to dust down walls and carpets.
- Damp cloth: You can use it to dust the surfaces of devices, cupboards, ceiling fans, tables and doors, among other things.
- mop: You can use it to dust floors.
If you decide to wipe your entire house, don’t do it room by room. The most efficient way to clean is to single taskThis includes implementing a cleaning method for the entire house before proceeding to the next cleaning method again for the entire house. When dusting, dust your entire home first before engaging in other cleaning strategies.
Clean glass and mirror
A different approach is required to clean everything made of glass and mirrors in the house. This is because, unlike the other surfaces that normally collect dust, these two surfaces become dirty primarily due to fingerprints. Here are some surfaces in the house that need to be cleaned occasionally to make sure they are free of fingerprints:
- Glass doors
- Glass tables
- Wall mirror
- Standing mirrors
- Mirror cabinets
- Picture Frame
It is best to use a damp and dry microfiber cloth to clean these surfaces. First, wipe the surfaces with the damp cloth to remove the fingerprints. After that, you can use the dry one to remove any streaks caused by the damp cloth.
As with dusting, wipe all glasses and mirrors in the house at once.
Clean sinks, bathtubs, showers, toilet bowls
Wiping bath tubs and showers in the bathroom and wash basins in the bathroom and in the kitchen with a damp cloth is not sufficient. This is because these areas, which are usually a refuge for bacteria and germs that can make people sick, require more thorough cleaning. Here are some of the tools you need and each of their functions:
- Spray cleaner: This is the disinfectant. This should be placed on the cloth or sprayed onto the surface to be cleaned.
- Material: This should be used to wipe the surfaces of devices as soon as they or the surfaces to be cleaned have the disinfectant.
- Toilet brush: This should be used to scrub the dirt off the toilet bowl.
- Brush: This should be used to clean the inside of the bathtubs.
Vacuum or sweeping and damp wiping floors
If something gets dirty in a house, it’s the floor. One of the reasons for this is that floors always come into contact with shoes, which is usually the basin for dirt and other particles from the outside. And then there are other things like the crumbs that recently fell on the dining room floor or the stains from the chocolate drink that was spilled last night.
To make sure the floors in your home are clean, vacuum or sweep them first and then damp mop them. You can use disinfectants especially for bathroom floors to keep them bacteria free.
Use of professional house cleaning services
After a long day of work, it is understandable that you just want to relax and have some time for yourself. Guess what? You can do just that while having your entire dirty house cleaned in a snap. How? By using the services of professional house cleaners. Companies like SwiftClean are a godsend for busy people like you for several reasons:
- They are experts in cleaning. Professional cleaners are just that, professional, which means that they know exactly where to look in your house to make sure no stone is left unturned. With professional cleaners, you can be sure that your home is really clean and doesn’t look like what it looks on the surface, but that all the dirt is literally swept under the carpet.
- They have the tools necessary to clean and know how to use them. Professional cleaners are equipped, among other things, with vacuum cleaners, mops and even disinfectants, which are necessary for good house cleaning. Since they are experts in cleaning, they know how to use them to help you achieve a sparkling clean home.
- They are affordable. Professional house cleaners are not at all expensive for the all-round cleaning services they offer and the security they offer you. Some professional cleaners even give discounts to regular customers.
- You get the job done without having to lift a finger (unless you call them and make an appointment for cleaning). With professional cleaners, you get the time you really want after a long day at work and that spotlessly clean house.
Keeping your home clean is a must to keep it looking good inside. So that your house looks stunning from the outside, there are also ideas for the first steps that you can try out. But it’s not just the appearance of the home that is maintained with regular cleaning. When a house is clean, the well-being of the people living there is guaranteed, as allergies from dust and other diseases from bacteria and germs can be avoided. Simply put, a clean home is not just a nice home. It is a healthy home.