It is not really a nice feeling to care for carpets without the right tools. And sometimes you’re just too busy or on a tight budget to buy one.
Now add the unpredictable presence of stain-causing agents: mud, dirt, inks and other stain liquids, and more. You now have a complete formula for disasters!
But wait! You don’t have to pack now just to buy a steam cleaner …
You can actually clean your carpet with the same result as a steam cleaner! The ultimate solution: deep cleaning.
You just have to read the entire article to learn how to thoroughly clean carpet without steam cleaner. I promise – you would clean your stained carpet in no time.
So what are you waiting for? Read the article now….
You can easily clean carpet without a steam cleaner. All you need are a few formulas that are not necessarily on every checklist. However, if you are planning a steam cleaner, check this This Articles, they checked some quality steam cleaners there.
Read on to learn how to prepare …
Cleaning products you need
You can use the same cleaning products for a steam cleaner as:
- Vinegar or soap dish (use alternately)
Cleaning tools you need
Use the following tools for effective deep cleaning of the carpet:
- Replacement toothbrush
- Hair blower / dryer
- Tissue (thick)
- Clean damp cloth
- spray bottle
Are you ready for the ultimate tips on deep cleaning your carpet?
Purify your mind now and let’s learn everything …
How to clean and remove stains from your carpet
Here are steps to thoroughly cleaning and removing stains from your carpet:
Step 1 – treat the stain immediately!
- Make it a habit to put detergent on standby as you cannot predict when the next stain will take place.
- Do not take time to treat the stain. As soon as you see it or if you are present when it occurred, start treatment immediately. If you take your time, you risk absorbing the stain deep in the carpet.
Step 2: pour a decent amount of water.
- For liquid stains, apply an adequate amount of water (just enough to cover the entire stained area).
- Do not wipe or scrub the area to avoid further complications.
- After applying water, dab the area with a thick handkerchief / napkin.
- Leave the handkerchief / napkin on top of the surface. Place an item on the handkerchief to hold it in place when soaking in water.
- To make sure the water comes out of the carpet, dry the area with your hair.
What should I do if I couldn’t treat the stain immediately?
Here are great options you should do if you don’t treat the stain right away:
Option 1 – Pour Club Soda into the stained area.
- Check the stains on the carpet.
- Pour a small amount of club soda into the place.
- After applying soda, pat the area with a clean, dry cloth.
- Don’t rub!
Option 2: Pour cornstarch and milk into the stained area.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Cornstarch and ¼ cup milk (liquid) in a bowl.
- Continue mixing thoroughly until a paste forms.
- Now apply the mixture on the spot.
- Brush the area carefully with a toothbrush. Do not apply pressure as you do not want to ruin your carpet.
- Vacuum the cornstarch to completely clean it.
- Enjoy the result.
These steps are best suited as an instant deep cleaning solution. However, stains are usually followed by an odor.
Read on to learn how to get rid of smells …
How to get rid of stains on the carpet
Here are options on how to remove stain odors from the carpet:
Option 1 – Pour vinegar and water into the area.
- Mix one cup of vinegar for each cup of water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution into the area.
- Dab the area with a clean, dry cloth.
- Don’t rub.
Option 2 – Mark the spot with baking soda.
- Dip a sufficient amount of baking soda into the area.
- Leave on for 1-2 hours.
- Vacuum the area to remove baking soda.
How regularly should I care for / clean the carpet?
You should maintain / clean the carpet regularly by vacuuming it at least 2 sessions a week. Have it cleaned professionally at least once a year.
And that’s it.
If you are too busy, you can limit vacuuming to at least once a week. However, you need to make sure that your carpet area is free of stains.
Well done! You can now thoroughly clean your carpet without steam cleaner and keep it away from stains …
Now it’s time for a quick review!
There are a number of alternatives for steam cleaners. Cleaning a carpet or removing stains is not only solved by a steam cleaner.
The secret is the deep cleansing you’re ready for.
These routines are not possible without the cleaning products and tools!
And sometimes the secret is only in the maintenance routines you are currently practicing.
Share this article if you’ve learned a lot from it so the secrets go on how to clean carpet without steam cleaner will no longer be a secret!