Do you want to get the most out of your home? Many homeowners are considering different ideas for remodeling houses. If you have an unused space, the best thing to do is to turn it into a useful space that has a purpose. If you have outdoor parking spaces, you can build a garage conversion so that your car is protected, for example. Not only do you get more space, but such house updates can also increase the market value. This is perfect if you want to sell your house soon.
Check out these home remodeling ideas to find out more!
If you need additional space in your home, consider a loft conversion. Instead of expanding your home, it can be used to add another room to your home. Whether you want a new bedroom, a new play room or just a cozy, relaxing space, this is the perfect room.
There are a few things to consider before adding a loft conversion:
- The average Loft conversion costs is £ 25,000. Remember, this will add to the market value of your home. The process is lengthy and complicated, so you are not advised to do anything to yourself.
- Check the roof pitch, space requirements, and height to determine if your loft is an option.
- Obtain a building permit for the project if necessary. The conversion must also comply with the building regulations.
- The attic conversion must be insulated. You also need stairs for the approach.
If you don’t think you need a garage, you can turn it into a useful space. Many homeowners would give up their garage to have extra space.
Consider the following tips to guide you through the process:
- Check with your local authorities to see if you need a permit.
- The average garage conversion costs £ 8,000. It depends on whether the walls need to be repaired, the ceiling raised, or the foundations reinforced. Also calculate the additional paperwork and labor costs.
- This is a complex project that takes time and energy. You need to oversee the entire project from start to finish.
Basement conversions are very popular across the UK. Given the rising property prices, using this extra space is an excellent solution. Compared to a loft conversion, a basement conversion has more advantages. It looks more natural and you have more space to use.
Please pay attention to the following:
- Consider the different ways to introduce natural light. You can have a light or staircase or try to install windows.
- Compare the total cost to the value the conversion will add to your home. If the total costs are less than the added value, your project is feasible.
- Think about how you can use the space. Some prefer a large and cozy kitchen. Large families prefer a large living space where they can gather and enjoy. Or you can turn your basement into a fun area.