The COVID-19 pandemic has forced government officials to stay at home to protect the public. You can agree that this is a necessary measure to prevent the virus from spreading, saving millions of lives in the process, but the idea of being stuck in your house for the next few weeks (or longer) can still be troubling. Seriously. What in the world are you going to do on your hands all the time?
Deal with this to-do list
Take this time to improve your house instead of spending your days obsessed with news reports or watching TV and eating comfort foods. There are probably tons of small projects that you’ve postponed due to a hectic schedule. So now is the perfect time to remove things from the list. If you’re looking for a simple and affordable home improvement idea, update or convert your lights first.
Why update or convert household lights?
Home lighting not only gives your home an aesthetic appearance, but is also of crucial importance for daily function and security. Not to mention that the lighting is fairly easy to install yourself and can be purchased on a limited budget. Starting with light updates can give you additional motivation to complete other projects in and around the house.
If your house could use new lights, here are some suggestions:
The exterior of your home must be properly lit to provide additional security at night. Properly placed lights can also look aesthetic and make your outdoor living space more functional (which can be a great place to keep yourself entertained while you stay at home). Below are some ideas on how to spice up your nature with lights. Buy any supplies, tools, or conversion kits you need online and have them delivered to your home or local store for pickup. This helps to support social distancing by not endangering yourself and others unnecessarily.
- Fairy lights – Fairy lights have become very popular outdoors. These lights were developed to offer more light and aesthetics. They can be easily installed in your garden and yard. You can hang them on your patio, gazebo or awning outdoors, attach them to bars, or even use them as cladding on your back door and deck.
- Lanterns – Another simple update to house exterior lighting is the addition of lanterns to your front and back yard. For a more subtle atmosphere, you can opt for lanterns with candles. If you need a little more light outdoors, it’s probably best to buy lanterns with LED lights. They can be placed on tables, decks and even hung on outside walls.
- Pendant lights – Whether you enjoy your time at home on your veranda and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air or love the meals in your garden with your loved ones, pendant lights can make it easy for you to enjoy these warm spring nights even longer. Making this process seamless is as easy as buying one can light conversion kit With a light remodeling kit, you can effortlessly transform once-lit illuminated areas into beautifully-lit areas that you can enjoy at home while ordering.
When you are inside, you want to feel good. With the right lighting updates, your room will be more inviting and functional for nighttime entertainment. Here are some ideas. Again, don’t forget to order online to be sure by practicing isolation at home.
- Table and floor lamps – If you need extra light for reading, watching TV, or just talking to your family, decorative table and floor lamps are a great addition. There is really no installation required as you simply select the lamps that best match your decor and have them sent to your home.
- Dimmer – Regardless of whether you need to be vigilant and productive or want to relax and unwind, dimmer lights are the ideal solution. These are lights in which the lamps can shine brighter or darker to provide you with the appropriate amount of light. These are ideal for family rooms, playrooms, living rooms or bedrooms.
- Ceiling fans – Another indoor lighting update that typically requires a light conversion kit is to convert or install ceiling fans that also serve as lights. They can offer you a cool breeze on a warm spring day and also give you the light you need at night. Whether you want something basic or elaborate, there are different types of ceiling fans that fit your home decor and budget.
Instead of being messed up from the request Stay indoors Take this opportunity during the coronavirus pandemic to improve your home. Even simple and inexpensive updates to indoor and outdoor lighting can give your room a whole new look, so you can be a little bit more at home.