Metal storage buildings are buildings ideal for any home or warehouses that need storage space and security. These buildings can be customized with approximately 10’ to 40’ wide at affordable prices. These buildings generally come with an engineer certified plans and cover almost 30-year rust perforation warranty.
These metal storage buildings are mainly used for a variety of purposes like storage, work space and also living accommodation. It is a metal structure with fabricated steel which supports for internal and exterior cladding. Metal storage building provides many benefits over other building materials such as wood:
- Metal is structurally sound and strict to its specifications and tolerances
- Metal structures are 100% recyclable
- Metal storage building does not easily unwind, twist or bend and therefore it makes it easier to modify and offers design flexibilities. Also, metal storage buildings are easy to install
- These buildings are cost effective and rarely there is any change in its prices
- Metal storage buildings allow improved quality of construction and less maintenance since it is made of steel and offer improved safety and resistance
- Using metal structure minimizes the propagation of mold and mildew in residential buildings. This is because mold needs moist, porous material to grow. Thus storage building made of steel studs will not face any of these problems.
However, with advantages, there are few disadvantages as well. For instance, heat conductivity and corrosion problems are some of the disadvantages of metal storage buildings. However, metal storage buildings are becoming increasingly popular mainly due to its flexibility and customizability features. They are manufactured to be weather resistant and come in different gauges which offer the strength against the elements depending upon the climatic conditions. These elements will cause wrapping, rotting, molding and crack in the wood structures and also prone to termite and other insect infestations.