Stylish interior design is hard to imagine with bare walls, since such a style is boring and your apartment will not stand out among the similar ones. Even if you have not studied design or have no artistic talent, you can give your apartment a special highlight with various decoration options.
Simple wall decoration
Wall murals are the easiest and most obvious option for wall decoration that doesn’t take much time. You will surely find the most suitable pattern among the following:
- Background wallpaper – with an abstract pattern.
- Panoramic wallpaper – a natural landscape, a view from the window or scenes from a metropolis.
- Object wallpaper – representation of a single object; This can be an animal or a symbol.
- Realistic wallpaper – in this case we are talking about 3D wall murals. The 3D format allows all nuances and features of the picture to be reproduced down to the smallest detail.
Another fairly easy way to decorate the premise is to hang photos in frames in it. All you need to do is buy photo frames in the color and size you want, prepare your photos and dedicate yourself to the creative process. Hanging photo frames that form a tree look very beautiful.
How to decorate a room wall with a stencil
When using stencils, it takes very little time and effort to create a beautiful picture. To do this, you will need the following tools:
- Stencils on vinyl film;
- Sponge or brush (unless you are using a spray paint);
- Stencil glue;
- Finished plaster.
Stencils on vinyl foil can be bought in the DYI shop. If you are looking for something special, you can order individual stencils or make them yourself.
Before you begin, think carefully and imagine the end result you want to achieve. You can also draw a sketch of your future picture. Before transferring the drawing to the wall surface, you can try impressing a piece of old wallpaper to see if you like the result or not.
Attach the stencil to the wall with glue or tape. Take a little paint on the brush or sponge and paint all the picture elements evenly. As you spray the paint, make sure it doesn’t go over the stencil.
Finishing plaster is useful if you want to get a three-dimensional pattern. In this case, you should fill the template with the base of thick material with it. After a while, carefully pull out the film and paint the picture with acrylics.