A big part of your kitchen remodeling project is spoiling you and your family with a variety of brand new appliances. Below is a guide to buying and properly maintaining your new refrigerator – the core of functionality in your kitchen.
What needs to be considered when buying a new refrigerator?
Buy a new fridge is overwhelming, especially given the variety of brands and models. How do you make the right decision? Please note the following:
- size: You probably won’t have to invest in the largest refrigerator on offer if only you and your partner live at home. The bigger the fridge, the higher the price.
- Art: The most popular type of refrigerator is the freezer design. These place the refrigerator itself at eye level and the freezer area below. Other options to consider are the types of refrigerators with the freezer at the top – often smaller and more economical – and the types with the freezer and refrigerator side by side. In general, these are preference and budget restrictions.
- properties: Not all refrigerators are the same. Therefore, it is imperative that you examine the various functions available and decide which ones are most valuable to you. New features include temperature-controlled drawers and adjustable shelves that allow you to customize the inside of the device to suit your needs and storage.
What needs to be considered when maintaining your refrigerator?
The good news is that refrigerators generally require minimal maintenance over the years. Nevertheless, the average lifespan of a refrigerator is between 10 and 20 yearsThis makes it a long-term investment. The question is, what can you do to ensure that your reliable refrigerator works optimally for as long as possible? Here are some tips:
- Consider completing a homeowner warranty plan: This type of insurance is essentially a safety net for your home. In the event that your refrigerator needs to be repaired sooner rather than later, it will cover the associated costs.
- Keep it clean: A dirty refrigerator simply cannot work as well as it should, and this can result in a costly increase in your energy costs. It is important that it stays clean inside, outside and below. The focus should be on the coils (the aspects of the refrigerator that are responsible for efficient cooling) and the basic grill.
- Pay attention to door seals: Door seals are more sensitive than most parts of your refrigerator and play a major role in their functionality. Therefore, you should make sure that they are well cared for. Clean them regularly and lubricate them with a small amount of petroleum jelly to prevent them from falling off the refrigerator doors due to too much friction / suction.
You are now fully ready to invest in and maintain a new refrigerator that meets all the requirements of your stunning new kitchen. Enjoy!